e-Mobility That Thinks Outside the Box Truck
The Freightliner eM2 delivers nimble performance and capability in the emissions-free package our customers want for urban settings. It’s the result of our commitment to develop world-class, all-electric commercial vehicles that will reduce emissions and improve our customers’ total cost of ownership (TCO).
As part of Daimler Trucks North America, Freightliner is able to utilize the global engineering expertise of Daimler to bring this practical, game-changing technology to market. Following a highly collaborative process with our customers, production of the eM2 is set to begin in late 2022. It will bring a clean commercial transportation solution to reality that will have a positive impact on our customers and the industry as a whole.
Emissions-free and highly maneuverable, the eM2 is the rare welcome addition to a city’s congested streets.
• Based on one of North America’s most in-demand medium-duty truck designs
• Ideal for local distribution, pickup and delivery, food and beverage delivery and last-mile logistics applications<
• Routes under 230 miles
• Warehouse to final destination
• Start of production is scheduled for late 2022 at our Portland Truck Manufacturing Plant which is a zero-waste-to-landfill facility and will be powered by 100% clean energy
• Quiet, comfortable and easy to drive
The eM2 is large enough for regular deliveries, small enough to get in and out easily, and provides the power, torque, range and charging capabilities you need. It’s an ideal vehicle where dedicated, repeatable routes are the norm, as well as for pickup and delivery. This is the daily driver that drives your business.